Sunday, September 20, 2009

Paris












This past weekend Rich and I headed to Paris! We found a really cheap bus to take us! Usually you can catch a train that takes about an hour and a half but since we are cheap it took us almost four! The ride there was an interesting one. Our bus driver had some serious road rage and was cussing every other car out that we passed and slamming on the breaks every two seconds. Needless to say I was a bit car sick and grateful when we arrived at our destination! We "splurged" and stayed in a Best Western which was surprisingly nice! That first day we arrived we got settled into our hotel and took off to Monmartre to see the Sacre-Coeur. This is a beautiful church on top of a hill where you have an amazing view of the city. Around the church there are tons of art, restaurants, music, and people shopping. We had such a great night walking around, seeing the views, and eating the best crepes we have ever had! Once we made it back to our hotel I instantly started feeling pretty sick. Lucky me spent the rest of our first night in Paris hugging the toilet! I got the worst food poisoning I think I have ever had! It was absolutely terrible! Rich had a tour planned for the next morning with New Europe where they take you on a four hour walking tour of the city and learn as much as you can about Paris. He was so excited to go on this tour and I felt pressure to not dissapoint so I mustered up every ounce of energy I had left and we went on our tour! Rich loved it so I was glad we did it! After the tour we went back to the hotel and I crashed early in hopes I would get better after getting some sleep. The next morning I was much better and ready to go! We spent the day visiting the Louvre, the Arc de Triomphe, the Cathedrale de Notre-Dame, and going to the top of the Eiffel Tower! We had the best time. Paris is the most beautiful city! It was definately one of our favorites. It really is such a romantic place with couples everywhere! That night we watched the light show on the Eiffel Tower and walked through the parks surrounding it. Paris is a place we will always miss and look forward to visiting again!

6 comments:

The Nash's said...

Great pictures! I am so jealous, I love Paris, it is at the top of my list for favorites. I loved all those amazing bridges, so romantic :) Except I was with my mom which was great, but not quite so romantic. I will go back again with Rob someday:) I wish I was there!!! Keep posting your adventures.

Fuller Family said...

I am so jealous! Paris looks amazing and I am sure you guys had the time of your lives. You guys are having some great adventures over there! Ash is right! Keep Posting! I love the updates! Miss you guys a lot!

McCuistion Family said...

kristen i am so jealous of you i can hardly stand it! haha! looks like you guys are having so much fun in europe. id love to come visit you! how much longer are you going to be there for?

Charlotte said...

You guys are so cute! I'm so jealous that you got to go to Paris! I hope Andrew and I get to go there someday...I'm glad you guys are living it up though and having a good time!

Sarah said...

So i got your guys blog off Deena's. I went to highschool with Richie, and i met you at Costco a few months ago when i was pregnant. You guys are cute!! How fun to be touring Europe, i did that a few summers ago!!! Tell Richie Hi for me!!

Erica said...

Sister I am so jealous that you have been traveling all over Europe. I sure do miss you! When do you guys get back? We for sure need to get together, no kids, no husbands I need some me time. We should go and get pedicures and go to dinner. Or we can bring husbands I don't care I am loving being a mom of 2 but at times get a little overwhelmed! So how are things going there? Things are going good here our house is finally on it's way only a few months left. I can't wait to have my own place again! Well sure do love ya hope you guys are having so much fun!