Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Night Out!

Since we started working at Obelis, Rich and I have been grilled for not going out enough with all the interns. Yes, I will admit since marriage we have mellowed down a lot... maybe a little too much cause these days our favorite thing in the world on a Friday night is having a good dinner at home and watching a great flick and we are completely satisfied. What has happened to us?! We are already an "old" couple! So we decided this weekend we would show all our fellow Obelis friends we still know how to have fun! (Really the main reason why we have avoided going out with them as much is because they are some hard core partying Europeans and being Mormon, we weren't sure how exciting we would be drinking our water and all) BUT the night ended up being one of the best nights we have had here in Belgium! We met at our friend Anya's place and visited for hours before we actually hit the town. We had the best time getting to know everyone better and other local Belgians that joined us that evening. I seriously think Rich and I laughed nonstop! Then we went to this Celtic club that is exactly what you would expect for a club in Europe. Tons of strobe lights, too many people, crazy techno music, and of course a fog machine. We danced our little hearts out that night until about 3:30 in the morning and finally called it a night. We even had to ride a taxi home because all the public transportation doesn't run that late! We probably won't be making a habit of this every weekend, but I am so glad we went and for the friends we are making. The people here are the best!



2 comments:

The Nash's said...

That is great! I know what you mean about the "old couple". Just wait till you guys have kids then you will really feel that way! My favorite time of the day is when the kids are in bed and we can sit down and watch our DVR'd TV shows!So pathetic, but so great. But it is always worth it when you go out of your way to go out! I was making sure I saw a coke label on that bottle in Rich's hand...and not some other one...:)

Lindsay said...

Hey! My name is Lindsay Clyde ! we came to your wedding! Travis my husband and Richie are good friends from high school/basketball! Just thought I would say hi, and I love your blog :)