Sunday, October 18, 2009

Waterloo







Yesterday Rich and I went with Meghan and Brandon to Waterloo. For all you history buffs, Waterloo is the place where Napolean met his final defeat in June 1815. The monument is a 28 metric ton Lion on the top of a hill which symbolizes new-found peace in Europe. It was a very quick trip down but it was well worth it. To get to the top of the hill you have to walk up 226 steps which completely worked Rich and I since we have not been exercising over here as much as we would like! We both can feel the burn in our legs today which is sad! Anyway, it was a peaceful day and the view from the top of the monument was beautiful. It was nice to get away from all the noise in the city for a bit and learn something new! Europe has taught me a ton since we left the states!

3 comments:

The Nash's said...

How fun, Waterloo looks really cool and the temple is beautiful. I am so glad you had a great birthday. Did you find some cute stuff shopping? 23 you are a young one!I am feeling like 27 is OLD! And Rob is 30 he IS OLD!!! But I always forget how old I am too, once you get married it all kind of blurs together :) haha Love you guys!

Fuller Family said...

Yey! Some updates! I am so glad I actually logged onto my blog today! I love all of the updates. So glad you had a great birthday. Fun trip to the temple, and what a beautiful place you guys just went to. It looks gorgeous. I can picture you guys walking up those steps. It makes me laugh thinking about it!
Miss you guys lots. You look wonderful. Love you!

Annie said...

happy birthday! looks like you guys are having so much fun. i wish we could have been there with the two of you longer. anyway, we can't wait to hang out with you guys when you get back!
love,
couscous